CAFOD’S LENTEN CHALLENGE: WALK AGAINST HUNGER
Challenge yourself to walk 200k this Lent and help stamp out hunger, one step at a time.
You can walk, roll, skip or stroll your way to 200k.
You can boldly go it alone and take it on 5k a day for 40 days, or you can smash the target all at once as a team.
There are 200 million children in the world whose lives are at risk from malnutrition.
So, this Lent, challenge yourself to conquer 200k, and help give hunger its marching orders.
It’s easy to sign up and join in.
The D’Arcy family have signed up again this year to walk or run every day in Lent.
Their JustGiving link is below:
How can your sponsorship help?
- £12 can buy ingredients to make a highly nutritious sesame seed paste so a new mum can help her malnourished child grow big and strong
- £20 can fund expert nutrition and healthcare classes for new mums and dads in rural communities
- £200 can feed ten malnourished children sesame paste for a week, helping them grow big and strong
- £500 can provide an entire community with pepper seeds for planting season
- £600 can help local experts deliver a highly effective door-to-door campaign in rural communities, training people in proper sanitation, hygiene and nutrition